Hi, do you like coconut? I do and so does more than 1/2 the world. To be honest coconut oil is pretty great, it tastes good, it’s good for you and you can use it for skin and hair care. One of my personal secret uses for coconut oil (I’m sure it’s not actually a secret) is to use it as an eye make-up remover. I keep a little jar in the bathroom just for this. Just rub a little together in your hands and rub off your eye make-up, works like a charm!
The purpose of the blog today is to share more than that little beauty bit. I wanted to share a grain free recipe for coconut muffins.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp of coconut extract, optional you can also use 1 tsp vanilla or almond
- 1/2 tsp salt
- *extra coconut oil to grease the muffin tin
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat you oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl combine the coconut flour, shredded coconut, beaten eggs, honey, extract and salt. Once oil is melted temper a small portion into the flour mixture, stir then add the rest of the oil.
3. Combine all the ingredients until there are no clumps. Mixture will be like a smooth paste.
4. Spoon into muffin tin and back 30-40 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean they are done. They will be lightly golden brown on top.
*Note: if using muffin liners you need to be sure to spray them with cooking spray as the batter will stick a bit to the paper.
Makes 6 large muffins and 12 small muffins. To make 12 small muffins just fill the muffin tin half way, for 6 large fill muffin tin almost all the way. These batter will not rise very much!
There you go, grain free coconut muffins! Now, just so we are clear these won’t taste a thing like Sbux muffins… but they’re good, okay! I promise, the coconut just seals the deal.