‘On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me: Eleven Pipers Piping, Ten Lords a Leaping, Nine Ladies Dancing, Eight, Maids a Milking, Seven Swans a Swimming, Six Geese a Laying, Five Golden Rings, Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree’…AND I give to you my favorite Christmas movies.
When it comes to Christmas movies people can have some big opinions on their all time favorites. I’m a firm believer in ‘to each their own’. So, here are my all time favorite Christmas in order.
1. Love Actually. Love Actually is one of my favorite movies ever really but Christmas time gives me an excuse to watch it 14 times and feel okay about it. Here is one of my favorite scenes …..
2. Home Alone I and Home Alone II (not the III one). Growing up I LOVED this movie and would laugh hysterically at basically the whole thing. My favorite characters were ALWAYS the old man and the bird woman. Even as a 7 year old I loved how they turned out to be kind people.
3. A White Christmas – I mean the outfits, the songs…. I don’t know how someone can’t like this one. That being said my Mom doesn’t like it so I have to sneak it in before family time.
4. Elf….. there are just too many good lines in this one. (SANTA….i KNOOOWWWW HIM!!!!!!!)
5. Miracle on 34th Street
6. It’s a Wonderful Life (George lassos the moon!)
AND…. The Holiday and Family Stone
I have luckily gotten the chance to watch all of these this year and I have to say they have made my holiday much more festive. I hope that you’ve been able to take some time to see your favorites and if you haven’t I think you need to add it to your to do list. Because, I mean why not?
Lots of love,