‘On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree…’ AND I give to you…. New Mexico Red Chile and maple roasted pecans.
Hi again, I must say I’m pretty proud of myself I’ve made it to the 3rd day of Christmas… fingers crossed it keeps going this well and I keep having such scrumptious and cheerful things to share with you. Today, I want to share my take on old fashioned roasted pecans. I’m going to be real honest here and say I think the red chile just makes these. If you don’t have red chile powder you can also use cayenne pepper….
Also, I could live off nosh plates…. so the fact I got to make this one for Seth and I tonight left me feeling like the weekend wasn’t quite over yet, which is always a good thing.
- 2 cups pecans (whole pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chile powder (I used Chimayo red chile)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and brown sugar on the stove.
- Add the maple syrup, salt and red chile powder. Stir till mixed well.
- Add the pecans and stir till they are coated.
- Pour the pecans on a parchment lined tray and put in the oven.
- Bake for 10 – 15 mins, be sure to stir half way through the cooking time.
- Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on the tray. When they are cool, break them up and store in air tight container.
- *If you want you can sprinkle at the half way point and once they come out of the oven with a pinch more of salt, sugar and red chile powder 🙂